No More Harsh Chemicals
Silk Balance comforts the skin giving it a soft, silky feeling with no chemical smell, no dry or itchy sensations. SilkBalance has no harsh chemicals or long term after effects. SilkBalance water conditioning system is proven effective by helping many spa owners rediscover the pleasures of owning a spa without the irritation or confusion associated with traditional chemical treatment.
The patented formula balances and stabilizes your spa water automatically with one simple application each week in most spas. No adjusting pH, alkalinity, calcium hardness; no mixing or guessing. Just shake thoroughly and pour in SilkBalance.
It Protects Your Hot Tub
The SilkBalance conditioning system removes most excess calcium and minerals from the water within the first few weeks. The unique formula additives help protect equipment components against failure from corrosion and buildup, extending the life of the plumbing and reducing expensive replacement costs.
Regina Pools & Spas is the Silk Balance Maryland Dealer and is happy to bring you a great product whether you are buying a new HotSpring Spa or converting an old hot tub to this easy system.
SilkBalance™ is a spa water care treatment program specially formulated to:
- Leave your skin silky & soft
- Be easy to use
- Provide crystal clear water
- Provide a refreshing scent
- Provide continuous pure water quality
- Be safer for the environment
- Prevent calcium build up on equipment
Whether you are buying a new HotSpring Spa or own an existing hot tub, you can use the SilkBalance program. See the following guide to learn how to convert your hot tub to SilkBalance!
How to Start Using SilkBalance
SilkBalance is a great new product that takes the work out of keeping you spa balanced. Unless it is started with a brand new tub, you must follow these conversion steps to properly start Silk Balance.
- Purge your spa with Clean Start: Clean Start is a powerful enzyme that cleans or removes dirt, soil and inanimate organic particulates from the plumbing in your hot tub. Your spa must be filled and at a temperature of 95 degrees or higher.
- Start by predissolving the Clean Start (you can use water from the spa).
- With the jets running, add the solution to your spa.
- Let the jets run for 5 minutes. *Foaming will occur!
- Turn off the jets after 5 minutes and let the water continue to circulate for 12 hours.
- Drain and Clean you spa.
- After the Clean Start has had at least 12 hours to circulate, drain the water from your spa.
- Refill about 1/3 with fresh water, then drain this water to flush the system.
- Clean and rinse the shell of the spa if necessary.
- Refill with fresh water.
- Get your water tested.
- When you first refill, bring your water in for a free water analysis. Adjust if necessary.
- Start Using Silk Balance!
- If applicable, insert the Silver Ion Purifier into your filter standpipe.
- The day before you add Silk Balance, add 1 Tbsp. Chlorinating Concentrate.
- The day after you add Chlorinating Concentrate, add the recommended dose of Silk Balance*.
Before or After using the spa, add 1 Tbsp. MPS per person.
Once a week, add 1 Tbps. Chlorinating Concentrate.
Once a week (day after adding Chlorinating Concentrate) add Silk Balance*.
Once a month, rinse your filters with a high pressured water hose (Tri-X filters can be rinsed in the dishwasher without soap or heat cycle)
*Shake well and add into filter compartment with no jets running.